Saturday, June 23, 2007

We got 3 new pictures of Christopher on Monday, June 18th. This is our 3rd set of pictures we have received. He really looks good! We even commented how he looks like he just got a bath and they combed his hair. In 2 of the pictures, he is playing with his hands. This, I am told, is developmentally appropriate and is good! He looks like a deep thinker. We have not gotten any pictures of him smiling or even really a hint of a smile. He looks very serious. We cannot wait to get him giggling and smiling!

We had our 2nd shower today for him and got alot of great gifts! The shower was great! Thank you to my family for throwing a great shower! I need to take a picture of all his loot. He really got great stuff!
Christopher's furniture is being delivered on Monday. Our house is a wreck so hopefully, we can get better organized and get things put away. Once we get things settled, I will post some pics of the nursery. Our dossier has been in VN for 6 weeks now, we are still hoping for travel in late July or early August! So, keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I am the mother of twin girls (now 14 years old) adopted from Vietnam 13 1/2 years ago. I just wanted to say congratulations and to tell you that our experience adopting was and continues to be one of the most wonderful of our life. There is no happiness like holding a baby, your baby at last, in your arms after a long wait. If you'd like to visit my blog, feel free. I must admit, though, that lately I've been complaining about my formerly easy-as-pie, lovely, straight-A daughters becoming typical American teens. In any case, have fun, take lots of pictures of every little thing, and give that baby a hug for me after you've hugged him to pieces yourself. I'd adopt again in a heartbeat!
best, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

You and I both are going to have deep thinkers there. Interesting. Hurry up August.

Sharon said...

Those little hands are precious!