Friday, June 29, 2007

The Nursery!



Room Before
Christopher's room started out a deep pink color. We knew that that wouldn't work for a little boy, so the room got painted a nice green color that I hope he will like. This was the beginning of the painting fiasco that I have managed to span out over several weeks. I still have trim to do, clean up on the floors around the trim and a few places on the ceiling. Hopefully, motivation will strike again soon. This was my art work that I took a picture of to use for a scrapbook page for Christopher's scrapbook.
We love the cribs and I think they look great in the nursery. Why do we have 2 cribs? Well, we are still awaiting our little girl from China. We are anticipating a referral in August of 2008. So we went ahead and got her crib and set it all up. The baby bedding is from Target, Amy Coe "Hush A Bye Baby" collection. Except I got mine off of Ebay. They are sold out in the stores.
Now, I need to finish the trim, find a rug and get things put away. I also need some sort of art work for the walls. Any suggestions?
The other pieces of furniture have problems! We got a door chest and dresser. We are waiting for a repairman to come out and assess the furniture and see if he can fix it. Guess what I am not accepting that and I am demanding new furniture. The furniture store has been great about this and we are using the furniture til we get new. I was so disappointed that our furniture came directly from the factory with VISIBLE flaws. I will upload the pics of them later to show. So now I have a ?.
Do we keep the chandelier? I am looking into the chandelier shades for the lights and will give it a deep cleaning and paint the gold part at the top a darker color. Or should we go for some ceiling fan of some sort?

4 comments:

spj said...

I just took a moment away from our "painting project". I love the green color. Very soothing. And I like the chandelier. I would keep it. It adds something special. Your little one are going to love it! In fact it reminds me to get mt camera out and take a couple of shots.

Anonymous said...

I like the color of the room. I think it looks great. I dont know what your bedding will look like (I see pink) but what about a fan that looks like leaves or something more tropical. I love ceiling fans. I love the chandelier so if it stays, it will be just fine.

I bought a crappy set of paint brushes from Joannes (cheap small ones in different sizes. They are SOOOOOOO helpful for touch-ups. You dont need tape. You dont need anything.

charisa said...

The chandelier is great, very shabby chic!

Michelle said...

I looooove the chandelier!!! I really do. IF you decide to get rid of it, let me know...you've got a buyer!! LOL!

And thanks, Karen, for the sweet comment. It did as you suggested, and it helped immensely. :) You're a sweetheart.