Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lots of Changes!

I never would have imagined life where it is right now. 3 years ago, things seemed kinda bleak. We had just turned our paperwork in for China & I had a terrible sinking feeling that it was going to be a very long wait. On April 11th 2009, we were officially LID 3 years. Never did I imagine it would be THIS long. I really started to see the writing on the wall at the beginning of 2007, that is when I secretly started researching concurrent adoptions. Our agency issued an email in Feb(?) of that year that they would allow concurrent adoptions or pregnancies if there was a space of 1 year between placement of children. When I read that email, I went full steam ahead. I was scared to death that we were not going to make the 1 year requirement, but we decided to risk it & give it a try. I am so glad we did. Christopher came home Aug 2007.

Last year we were given a wonderful opportunity & with the help of medical science I got pregnant. Never happened in the 5+ years we were trying. We were shocked pretty much the entire pregnancy. Once again, we were scared that we would not make the 1 year policy of our agency. After talking with our agency, we have been assured that we can go on hold to meet this requirement, IF needed. I am not convinced that we are going to have to go on hold & my agency seemed to think we might be alright. It is so sad that the China adoption process has slowed sooo much.

On Febuary 24th, we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our family. Christopher is a big brother! He is finally warming up to her. For the longest time, he acted like she was just part of the furniture. Now, he talks to her, holds her hand & will kiss her forehead. He calls her "Sissa" or "Sissy". He is even letting me get some pics of them together now & he held her for the first time when she was 3 months old. He is such a good big brother & very loving to her, I cannot wait to see him with 2 sisters.



Eating Noodles & cheesing it up!

Christopher turned 2 this year & had a great birthday party @ McDonald's with his cousin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was shocked beyond belief to see you post!

You have a great looking family. It is wonderful to see them.

Bobby said...

Thanks for the update. Lily just had her 2nd "Family Day" on the 28th. We're so happy for you guys and your new bigger family!

Karen said...

I know it has been forever, I feel like I barely have time to check other blogs let alone, post on my own.

Unknown said...

Oh Karen! I was so happy to see you post and your news is truly joyous. Christopher is adorable and so is his sister.

My best to you!!!
Carol

Kim and Rich said...

What a wonderful update, Karen. Congratulations to you and your family. Children are indeed such great miracles, whether they are adopted or biological.

Kim and Rich said...

And February 24th is a great day to be born. It's both my mom and Dash's birthday! Dash will be 2 in 5 months...

charisa said...

Hey Karen I just saw the Aug update. My husband actually let me have the lap top tonight. Great pictures. Keep me posted with updates her or FB!

3 Countries 1 Love said...

What a surprise to visit your blog and read your news. Awesome...congratulations!!