Thursday, August 23, 2007


Sorry for the lack of posts. It seems that I have caught Christopher's bug and now can really sympathize with his apparent misery of the last week. After several nights of limited sleep and q 2 hour feedings, it was all I could do to get thru the day. We went through a 2 day rough patch of Christopher refusing feeding anything over 1 - 1 1/2 ounce but we have now seen the light. Last night he ate and kept down 5 oz and slept for 4 hours, then ate 4 oz and slept for another 4 hours. This is huge. We have turned a corner He is off antibiotics and obviously feels better. He has more smiles and laughter and is beginning to really snuggle in. We have seen a complete turn around and are so grateful to God for Christopher. He is a fighter and such a sweet little boy.
Yesterday was a big day! We got our final US approval and we are officially a family! It was an unexpected phone call to rush to the Embassy for our 2nd INS interview. We sped over in a taxi and expect to get Christopher's visa tonight at our celebration dinner.

However, we will be in Vietnam until the end of the month. There are no available return flights so we will just explore and enjoy our time in our son's birth country. There is plenty of shopping to do and sites to see.





I got an aromatheraphy a massage (75 min), manicure and pedicure the other day. All for the low price of $24.00. The massage was great! She painted my toes first and put a flower on EACH toe nail. When it got time to do my fingernails, I asked for no flower. Well, guess what I got? A flower on each fingernail. I like to call them, hooker nails. Notice them in the above photo.



One of our favorite places to eat.





My Aunt Cathy

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear that you guys cannot get home earlier since you are ready to. I am glad Christopher is feeling better. The "spa" day sounds WONDERFUL!! Where do you go for it? I would LOVE to try it when we are there.

Kim and Rich said...

Karen--I love your hooker nails. And I'm so happy for you that everything is finalized. Have a safe journey home and looking forward to seeing more pictures of Christopher. He's absolutely adorable!

Kim