Thursday, August 9, 2007

We got the Call!!

Wednesday at 12pm, we got the get your tickets call! Not only did they tell us to get our tickets but, "can you get to VN by Sunday?" This sent us into a flurry of activities: calling 3 travel agents for quotes, simultaneously using the cell and home phone, running through the house bumping into furniture while shoving items in drawers and closets. So much for being organized at home before we left. Did I mention that we both had to work last night and I had to work a 12 hour shift (7p-7a). Plus when I got home this morning, our air was out! (please refer to My Luck post below)


So, Saturday night (Sun morn VN time) we will be in Hanoi! With a possible G&R date of Monday or Tuesday or ? ? ?. I think most of us in the adoption world know how being given a definite date for anything goes! LOL!

Please pray for us that we arrive safely and have a speedy flight. Neither of us have ever flown this far, so it will definetely be interesting. We hope to have Christopher by Tuesday at the latest! It will be a very emotional day. We are traveling with 2 other families and we are all receiving boys. I cannot wait to meet the families and get some pictures of our boys together. These precious boys have spent the first few months of their lives together. We hope to stay in touch so that when they get older they will always have a connection to their past through each other.

To Kate, Charisa and Kari- I hope your travel dates come soon and we will all meet in VN!


Off to pack!!!!!

5 comments:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

So so happy for! Keep posting 'cause I for one will be living vicariously through your VN journey!
WONDERFUL NEWS!
Patty-Another Lang Son PAP

Karey said...

YAY! I can't wait to follow your adventure. Congrats! Go get your boy!!!!!

charisa said...

I am there with you in spirit. Godspeed Littleman, mommy and daddy love you more than anything in the world! Christopher is adorable and I cannot wait to see him in your arms.
Love and prayers,
Charisa

Heather said...

Oh WOW! As I read your post I could picture you running around your house calling for ticket prices. How exciting! I wish you the very best...smooth transitions...and safe & comfortable travel. I look forward to following your journey to Christopher!

Jen said...

Your experience before you left sounds just like ours!
Savor the moments, although it may seem ong and hard, you will be home before you know it!
blessings!
jen
...and babies make four